The home(G) soil bag is for those of you who want to mix your own egg oil tempera but still have access to our recipe collection.
All our colors can be obtained in dry form in a bag, with a simple recipe for egg oil tempera. You can experiment to find the right consistency yourself, a "thin gruel" is usually good to think about.
Either you crack your eggs yourself and mix into an emulsion according to our recipe, then the color will be a pure fresh product that will last for about 1-2 weeks in the refrigerator. Or you can buy our ready-made emulsion, which also contains a little drying agent and food preservative. Simple isn't it!
In this system, the color may differ a little more, depending on how you use the bag ie. shake well, use all, or only part of the contents of the bag. If you use the entire contents of the bag at once, you should get as close as possible.
When we finish paint, we weigh very carefully so that we can repeat as accurately as possible. So ready-made paint is a safer system when you have to paint large surfaces.
Recipe for egg oil tempera for 1 liter.
- About 5-6 eggs (preferably organic)
- 3 dl boiled linseed oil (or raw cold-pressed of good quality)
- 3-4 dl water
- approx. 300-500 g of pigment (or ready-made Hem(G) soil bag).
- Beat the eggs lightly.
- Whisk in the linseed oil a little at a time.
- Then the water is whisked down.
- Now you have made an emulsion!
- Then, to give the emulsion color, the pigment is added little by little.
- If the paint becomes too thick, you can dilute it with more water, it should not be thicker than a light file.
- Store the paint in the refrigerator, it is a fresh product that lasts 1-2 weeks.